Monday, September 24, 2012

Rab Island

On Friday, we went to Rab (pronounced Rob) Island with the newbie coworkers. There were 19 people total. We were split up into 4 or 5 apartments, I'm not sure. Ian and I stayed in the dog people apartment with 7 people and 4 dogs. It went surprisingly well. Lots of dogs + fun people = loads of fun. :)

The weekend was filled with a nice dinner out, a day of walking around and enjoying life in the square, a night of home-cookin' (thanks to Ian and Suzy-the computer teacher) then games, coffee, pastries, a bike ride along the coast, more enjoying life in the square, and a new purse for me! :) Here are some pictures, so you can experience it, too!

What we saw driving in...                                    
Walking into town.

A tree, Ian, and the Adriatic.

Our friend, Sam, took this picture. Hope he doesn't sue
me for copyright infringement. Pretty please, Sam! :)


Ian, enjoying his fish stew. That's as joyful as I've
seen from him in 6 weeks! :)

Our new friends Sam and Katie.
The view from our hotel/apartment. 
Everyone enjoying Ian and Suzy's dinner!
Sam & Sam
We biked around the island to the other side of the main town. 


The ride back. So beautiful!
About to get on the ferry back to the mainland. 


On the ferry. :)
 An amazing weekend as you can see! I am so in love with the relaxed vibe on the coast (and in the city of Zagreb as well). We are happy. Staying home next weekend, then heading to Stuttgart, Germany for Oktoberfest the following weekend.







2 comments:

  1. I kind of look like a crazy person in that picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it! I think you look like you're having fun! Sorry, I thought you'd approved it after I took it. :)

      Delete