Saturday, March 29, 2014

A supremely overdue update

Well, I only left you hanging for five months! I guess I have a pretty good excuse, though. I'm pregnant! And those first four months were a doozy! And the one after that was just sheer procrastination. :) For those of you who don't know, I'm due on July 10th, so the baby will be born in Zagreb and we are staying for one more year. Then, we're coming home. No, really this time!

I'll try to make this short and sweet. We've taken some trips. Shocking, I know! Here's a few pictures to go along with each adventure.

2nd Anniversary trip to Istria's wine and truffle country






I found out I was pregnant 3 days later. :)
A proud papa! The framed paper is the blood work, showing I'm pregnant. I had two negative home pregnancy tests, but had a feeling. He thought I was going to get the blood test on Friday, but I went on Wednesday. I found out on Wednesday at lunch and it was so hard NOT to tell him at school - his classroom is directly next door to me! But I wanted to make it special. :)

Thanksgiving Break - Budapest
It was nice to take a second Turkey Day trip with the same crew from last year. :) Budapest was beautiful and the cold winds helped calm my overeager gag reflex.






We took a dinner cruise on the Danube on our last night. 


Cuckoo Clock Extravaganza - Black Forest, Germany
I got the idea for this trip when I saw a cuckoo clock at Oktoberfest. Thankfully, my wonderful husband was game. We flew to Frankfurt, then drove down to Freiburg. On the way back, we went through Strasbourg, France (where my ancestors were from).

The largest cuckoo clock IN THE WORLD!

Freiburg's Christmas Market. Potato pancake with apple sauce and a glass of mulled wine. He's a happy man!


Michael and Luann, can you find your cuckoo clock?

Black forest cherry cake WHILST in the black forest!?!?! These are the things dream are made of!


Strasbourg Christmas Market








Barcelona
In Europe, not only do they have a winter and spring break, but they also have a ski break! No complaints here. I couldn't ski this year, so we decided to head to Barcelona!



We stayed just off La Rambla

Columbus monument




Casa Batllo


Gothic Quarter

Churros and hot chocolate (Suiz). 

The happy meal says "killing America one happy meal at a time."

Parc de la Ciutadella



Sagrada Familia

to Montserrat



We had a lovely hike at the top, but had to cut it short because it started hailing on us! 

Magic Fountain of Montjuic.

We got to see a music and light show at night. We found a park bench, snuggled up, and had a very nice time. 


Park Guell



Palau de la Musica Catalana. We went to a classical guitar concert on our last night. It was beautiful and the baby kicked the whole time! 
And last, but certainly not least, introducing baby Samuel! At our last appointment (almost a month ago) he was almost 2 pounds and his sweet little cheeks are getting chubbier and more pinchable at every visit. He also looks more like his Daddy every time we see him.

1 comment: