Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A week in Zagreb

So, I have a lot to say, but I also feel like I haven't really digested everything yet, so I've been holding off... anyway, let the blogging begin!

We will have been in Zagreb one week tomorrow. Our first impressions were:  The city is really clean (aside from graffiti)! The staff at AISZ (American International School of Zagreb) are warm and inviting. It's really easy for us to access downtown via walking or train. It's ABSOLUTELY beautiful here!

Our apartment is bigger than expected and we really like it. There's a fenced in yard for Xena and the neighbors have a dog named Nera (a black lab) whose really friendly. I'm so happy that Xena is happy and has a friend! :)

So here are some pictures of our place. This is the entryway.
 This is the hallway to the kitchen. And the half bath with.... a bidet! No, we haven't used it yet.
 The kitchen.

 The balcony off the kitchen.
 The guest room and Ian's closet.
 The living/dining room.

 The second balcony off the living room.
 Our bedroom.
 My closet! :)
 With a secret door to the bathroom. :)
The full bathroom.
                                                 
But I am still thinking of this place sometimes...
I got really homesick yesterday (I know... already), but thankfully talking to friends and family does make me feel better. Thanks, people!

I guess that's all for this time. We don't have to report to work until next Thursday, so we've been doing a little each day. It looks like my classroom won't be entirely ready by the beginning of the year (August 28th) because they're ordering new furniture (it used to be a computer lab). More on the culture, the school, and hopefully a fun trip to the botanical garden next time.

3 comments:

  1. Ok maybe I kind of believe you are there now? Not sure. The place looks so pretty! And your vacation schedule is AMAZING. Have a great first week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog. It's so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how beautiful, Ian and Christie!! Zagreb looks so beautiful. I actually have 2nd cousins in Croatia. I would love to visit them someday as we have only communicated by mail!! I hope you have a wonderful adventure and keep the blog posts coming!! Lois McHenry

    ReplyDelete